Director: GEARIE “THE GRENCH” BOWMAN
Track Producer: DJ BOOMAN
This is Temple #28 in Glassboro, NJ. The Moorish-Americans on the east coast have had many meetings, workshops and events in the Temple and on it’s property. The Grand Sheikess of this Temple is Sister H. Graves-El.
The Tampa Bay Moorish Castle Hotel opened to the public in 1891. It was said to have been built by Henry B.Plant but this is unconfirmed. Plant also owned the Plant System of Railways. These were a collection of bankrupt rail companies that he purchased in the late 1800’s. The hotel is five stories high, consisting of 511 rooms. The Tampa Bay Hotel ceased operating in 1933 and became the Henry B. Plant Museum and is now part of the The University of Tampa grounds.
“Emblem of America” featuring Moorish children. Made in London. Published September 4th 1798 by John Fairburn
Moorish baby figurine made from porcelain. Date & location unknown.
This is a brooch pin made to look like a Moorish Scimitar. The goldtone metal is textured and the pin is designed to hang balanced from a gold chain that connects the blade to the scabbard.
A brooch is a decorative jewelry item designed to be attached to garments, often to hold them closed.
Stamped “SPAIN” on the reverse. Date unknown.
Tobacco humidor made to look like Moorish Man wearing Fez. Made in America, circa 1900
These Moorish biscuits are made in Italy, by the Campiello company. Moresco means Moorish in Italian. The term Moresco is also used to describe Moors who remained in Europe after converting to Christianity. It was also used to describe Catholics who secretly practiced Islam.
This is a brooch depicting the face of a Moorish man, crafted in solid 10K light rose gold, featuring a 2.2 mm round single cut diamond (0.04 carats) set into the center of the turban. It weighs 3.71 grams. A brooch is a decorative jewelry item designed to be attached to garments, often to hold them closed.
The Moorish Castle of Gibraltar was built c.711 AD, after the Moorish conquest of Spain led by Tarik ibn Ziyad and Musa ibn Nasayr. Its walls enclosed an area reaching down from the Rock of Gibraltar down to the sea.